Thursday, June 19, 2014

Stair Landing Restyle





My stair landing had become a bit of an eyesore. A displaced bookcase made the space feel dark and heavy no matter how I tried to brighten/lighten the accents. Then I found a bookcase much more suited for the space and much better suited to my evolving style.





The old bookcase had served as a media console for a few years until I replaced it with a high-end media console early this Spring. When Sauder asked me to select a piece of furniture, my selection was easy. I knew as soon as I clicked to "view all collections" and saw the Barrister Lane Collection, I'd find something I'd love. My eyes went straight to the Barrister Lane bookcase in the Salt Oak finish. I really like how you can shop by space, product or collection. The ordering process was a snap and in only a few days, the bookcase had arrived at my front door. The communication from Customer Service was immediate and they kept me informed when the order was received and when it shipped (the following day!).





The bookcase came very well packaged with super sturdy corner protectors. I was very impressed...as were the kids, who used the sturdy corners as swords for a dual in the backyard while I got to work with the assembly.





All of the pieces were easy to identify and everything was in perfect condition.





The boards were clearly marked with letters and the instructions were easy to follow.





After placing the hardware, the pieces assembled pretty quickly and only involved tightening the cams.





I started around 8pm and finished just after 9pm...all by myself. After attaching the back piece, and standing the bookcase up, I was surprised how tall it is and how nice it looks. It doesn't look like a furniture piece you have to assemble. It is very sturdy.





I found the perfect spot to relocate the heavy bookcase. It slid right into place in my closet to hold my shoes! (Yes, I really do sort my hanging clothes by color).





Check out the befores and afters:







The 3 birds painting is very special to me as my first original art purchase, but I decided it was still heavy and dark, so I finally found a use for the 3 wood carved panels I bought well over a year ago and had yet to hang them anywhere. I hadn't even thought of hanging them in the stairway, but it is perfect for how tall the ceiling rises and looking down from the top of the stairs.





The Salt Oak finish is the exact same color of the laminate hardwood that I was looking at for my living and dining room. I'm used to the dark espresso or black finishes on most of my furniture and it seems to be a dust magnet. The Salt Oak finish hardly shows dust.





Find your style on Sauder.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sauder. The opinions and text are all mine.

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful! Well done as always. I haven't thought to look at the Sauder site. I will now!!

    ReplyDelete