Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Extraordinary Kid

What makes your kid extraordinary isn't just the epic stuff. It’s the little things. The small moments that maybe only you see — and quietly celebrate every day.  Our best moments together are spent exploring.  He takes off down a trail with enthusiasm for what we'll find around the next bend...maybe a wild mushroom or even a waterfall. 
It's the little things like waking up extra early on a day off to go hike/trail run a trail with me before anyone else and being the only two people at the waterfall.  Then turning around, hiking back down and going over to the next trail for another hour+ of hiking & chatting.  It's the little things like how he'll lightly grab my hand and walk right next to me and isn't shy about holding his mom's hand on a hike.

Our time on the trails and the tennis court or golf course or on bikes or paddle boards isn't just about being active, it's about being close and developing our mother/son relationship.  By far, my favorite moment was when he went ahead on a trail and when I caught up, he had a heart shaped rock and sticks laid out for me to read:
I no longer have to ask him to keep up.  I'm the one keeping up.  
He's had his share of total wipe outs, close calls and perfect landings because he isn't afraid to push the limits.  Nothing keeps him down and it takes more than an encouraging mother to back him up, it also takes exceptional health care...just in case something goes awry.
Whether your visit is routine or rare, Stanford Children’s Health is committed to providing extraordinary care for healthier happy lives.  Check out the video I made for my kiddo.  This is just one of my two extraordinary kids.
Your kid is extraordinary. Show them how much you enjoy every moment together by creating a special video of your own!

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment