Monday, October 13, 2014

Restyling for Fall




With Halloween approaching, we thought we'd restyle the bookcase at the landing of the stairs. This bookcase from Sauder is the perfect piece of furniture for easy accessory swapping. I still love the bookcase as much as I did the day I put it together. Here was the spring/summer look:




The cubicles swapped out with Halloween decor:



To easily transition the bookcase after Halloween, we'll keep the more neutral pumpkins and swap picture frames with fall photos. The bookcase is in the Barrister line. Right now I'm also really liking the the Cannery Bridge storage wall.




I added a second piece of furniture from Sauder from the Edge Water collection:



This is a tricky little corner in my living room created by the unusual shape of my sectional. I used to have a small leather folding seat placed in the corner to hold a blanket for the couch, but I relocated that piece when I moved some other furniture around and needed it as a desk seat. The shape of the space makes it tricky for a standard sized end table, but then I found this smaller end table from Sauder.



Flat-box furniture can feel intimidating to some people, but I find it to be rather empowering...like, "yeah, I built it". Here all of the pieces dumped out from the well-packaged shipping box:



Everything comes out a little dusty, so I like to vacuum it all off before assembly. After vacuuming, I lay out all of the pieces in an orderly fashion and get busy.



Elmer's glue scares me a little when it comes to building furniture, but its use in this table is pretty inconsequential- just a little more security, not for any stability. Here I am more than half-way through the assembly:




Sides go up, top goes on, feet attached. Done in less than 25 minutes...all by myself!



We rarely sit on this side of the couch, but with the lamp there now and table to set a glass of water, this is a new reading spot.



Because of the table size, it is versatile to use in other areas of the house. It's even the perfect size to play up the depth at the front door:



To see more ways to use these versatile furniture pieces and other accessory ideas, visit my Home Pinterest Board.

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sauder. The opinions and text are all mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment